"Love is a heart that moves. . . Love moves away from the self and toward the other." -Dan Allender and Tremper Longman III

Friday, October 10, 2008

Dominic's Song: "Before the Start"

Hey everyone! Hopefully you've had some time to check out some pictures. There will be more casual pictures coming soon; in the meantime, Mari and I wanted to share this song with you all.
It's a song that will be on my album (still being produced), but we thought it would be timely to let you all hear it now.

This is the song the Lord gave me as I listened to the heartbeat of our 16 week-old baby still in the womb. As I pondered the beauty of God's heart, I began to worship. It wrecked me (in a good way) to think that this heartbeat began as a dream in the Father's heart, long "before the start" of Dominic's life on this earth.

The song "Before the Start" was birthed in this time of worship, and Dominic's heartbeat (the "wooshing" sound throughout the song) was the beat to which I sang. It was so beautiful, for this was the first time that my little boy and I could worship our Heavenly Father together! This song has truly become the cry of our hearts; it is a reflection of God's heart. He is a God who loves us so much that He formed mankind to satisfy His desire. He loves us so much that He predestined a plan of salvation through Jesus Christ that would free us from our slavery to sin.

Check out "Before the Start" by clicking the link below. Then, click "Before the Start" on the right side of the screen.

www.myspace.com/ryanleehenry

Thank you, Jason Dyba, for your incredibly innovative, expressive, and skilled production of "Before the Start." Man, you are one gifted man! Dominic says, "Thanks Uncle Jason!"