"Love is a heart that moves. . . Love moves away from the self and toward the other." -Dan Allender and Tremper Longman III

Friday, January 16, 2009

How Could I Ever Thank My Lord?

On January 6th '09, we celebrated the year anniversary of the Lord speaking His heart for our family. A year ago from that day, He spoke His desire for the life of our little boy. We are so...bathed...in the love of God as I recall my thoughts in those special moments:



"When I can hold this little child that the Lord has desired....when I can hold him in my arms, the love of God will wreck me. The day I hold this child and know that he is mine, my heart will pour over the truth that we have been created because He loved us so. On that day, I will know that we are born in the love of God's heart."



And boy, I tell you, it's been incredible. When Mari, Domo, and I are cuddling on the couch enjoying family time, the thought never fails to pass my mind: "This boy, my own son whom I love with the depths of my heart, began in a whisper from the Father. Wow, God. How can I ever thank you, Lord?



In this day, my prayer is that this revelation would be made known to you- that God loves you and yearns for your heart. He formed you because of His love, and He gave His son so that you could be brought into salvation and spend eternity with Him. Do not harden your heart in this day, but turn and see the eyes of Jesus- the only one who leads us to the Father.



What would have happened had I hardened my heart to the whisper of God regarding the life of Dominic? What's if I shut God out? Would this life have been born to us?



What would happen if I didn't accept Christ when I heard the gospel of salvation? Would my renewed life (that has brought be joy that plows through any storm, my beautiful family that I love with every ounce of my heart, freedom from sin, and a love relationship with Christ) have been born into my soul?



Trust Him. Only good comes from His heart. Taste and see that the Lord is good. This truth I rest my life upon.



Blessings in Christ

No comments: